Fired Up For Cinnamon Apples & Griddled Pancakes
Fall weekends call for kettle-side mornings. Whether it’s a leisurely Saturday morning sipping coffee warmed on the Side Kick or easy entertainment for a brunch crowd or kids sleepover bunch, there's truly nothing more fun than firing up the Kettle. Making a delicious breakfast for your crew - whether it's for two or for twenty - is made all the better when friends and family gather around to enjoy the process alongside you.
With apple harvest in full swing, we decided to highlight the season’s best with these simple to make pancakes topped with flavorful cinnamon apples. The apples are slowly cooked in a sturdy pot or Dutch oven on your Side Kick and the pancakes on your Griddle attachment (Don't have the griddle yet? Not to worry - you can use a cast iron skillet or small griddle pan on top of your Grilling attachment or Side Kick).
Use your favorite pancake recipe or grab our go-to mix from Blackberry Farm - a delicious pantry staple which we happen to love. And, don’t forget - it’s easy to add bacon or sausage (or both!) when you have the extra space on your Griddle.
What You’ll Need
- Sea Island Forge Kettle
- Griddle attachment (or cast iron skillet or small griddle pan)
- Side Kick
- Wooden Spoon
- Sturdy Pot or Dutch Oven
- Apples (Gala, Honey Crisp, or go for Granny Smith if you like your apples tart)
- Pancake or Griddle Cakes Mix (We like this one)
- Maple Syrup
Step By Step
- Prepare your favorite pancake or griddle cake mix
- Thinly slice your apples (or any fruit your family loves!) We like the ease and the color that comes from leaving the skin on - but it’s your preference
- Melt butter in the pot, enough to coat the apples
- Add the apples to the pot and generously sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
- Stir until the apples are to your desired softness
- Meanwhile, pour on the pancake batter and griddle those pancakes to browned perfection
- Serve with maple syrup