Mexican Fiesta on the Kettle
July 14, 2021 by Sea Island Forge
Mexican Celebration Menu For Your Own Backyard
From the Tacos to the Tostados, we love it ALL! Here we are poolside with a Kettle full of fiesta.
- Carne Asada Tacos
- Citrus Chili Shrimp Tacos
- Various Salsas
- Queso Fundido and Seared Shishito Peppers
Pop a jalapeño in your margarita and join us by the Kettle.
For the Tacos:
- Flank steak seasoned with S & P, chili powder, cumin, & garlic powder. (You can also use a Taco Seasoning Packet.) And topped with pickled onions, cilantro, and Cotija cheese. TIP: The key to tenderness is how you carve it. Cut thin strips against the grain of the meat.
- Shrimp marinated in olive oil, chili flakes, lemon & lime zest, S & P. And topped with slaw and cilantro.
The Griddle does the heavy lifting cooking the steak and shrimp as well as the tomatoes, jalapeño, and onion for the Salsa Roja. We also used it to warm a dish of Queso, and grill the tortillas! Meanwhile, shishito peppers were searing in a skillet on the Side Kick.
Everyone is a fan of gathering and eating by the Kettle. But add to that no mess in the kitchen and we say, "Sí, por favor!"
Recipe for Salsa Roja
8 Roma Tomatoes
1 Jalapeño Pepper
1/2 Vidalia Onion
Chopped Cilantro or Parsley
Zest & juice of 1 lime
- Combine tomatoes, jalapeño, and onion In a bowl toss and coat with olive oil, and season with S & P.
- Cook on a hot Griddle, turning occasionally until lightly charred. Remove vegetables and allow them to cool.
- Remove stem from jalapeño and place with tomatoes and onion in food processor and pulse until desired consistency. NOTE: For milder salsa, also remove jalapeño seeds.
- Transfer to a bowl, stir in cilantro, lime zest & juice. Serve with Tortilla Chips.